- This event has passed.
LCM-Munley Meet, MSU
June 16 @ 4:00 pm
16th Annual John Munley
Long Course Memorial Swim Meet
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Recognized by the Michigan LMSC #198-R001
Location: Michigan State University – IM West Outdoor 50 Meter Pool. Park in Lot 62W. Set GPS to 393 Chestnut Rd, Michigan State University, East Lansing. See attached map.
Schedule: Warm-up 4:00 p.m. Events 5:15 p.m.
Facility: This competition will be held in an outdoor pool. Bring lawn chairs if you wish. The Intramural Sports West Building adjacent to the pool closes at 6:00 pm. If building doors are locked when you arrive or leave, use the fence gate on the north side of the pool.
• Entry fee. The entry fee for advance entries is $30 per person; deck entries cost $35. All proceeds go to the John Munley Memorial Swimming Scholarship at MSU. Additional donations to the scholarship fund are welcome. Entry fees are not tax deductible, but additional donations are tax deductible. Checks are payable to the John Munley Memorial Swimming Scholarship. No refunds.
• Entries submitted by US Mail. Advance entries are preferred but not required. Send the completed entry form, signed waiver forms, photocopy of USMS membership card (if you are a member), and entry fee to Gail Dummer, 3100 Scarborough Road, Lansing, MI 48910, postmarked by Saturday, June 9, 2018.
• Deck entries. Deck entries will be accepted until 4:15 pm on meet day. Bring the completed entry form and waiver forms (or complete forms at the meet), show your USMS membership card (if you are a member), and pay your entry fee.
Rules: US Masters Swimming rules (http://www.usms.org/rules/) apply. The length of the competition course without a bulkhead is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with USMS rules 105.1.7 and 107.2.1. The meet host will assign two timers to each lane; notify the starter to request a third timer if you are attempting national or Michigan records. According to USMS rule 102.11.4, if the meet cannot be held at the outdoor pool because of severe weather etc., events will be moved to the indoor pool and competed as short course yards.
Registration: USMS recognized meets are open to participation by both USMS members and non-members. If desired, go to http://www.michiganmasters.com for membership/registration information. Membership applications will not be available at the meet.
Show Support! Feel welcome to “swim with your checkbook” if you cannot participate in the meet. Send checks payable to John Munley Memorial Swimming Scholarship to Munley Scholarship, c/o Tom Munley, 5262 Whipporwill Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009.
After-Meet Social Join us after the meet for food, drink, and good times at the Harrison Road House, 720 Michigan Avenue, East Lansing, MI (http://harrisonroadhouse.com/ ).
• Meet Director – Gail Dummer, 517-881-3709, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Assistant Meet Director – Tom Munley, 734-476-3262, email@example.com.
Warm-up 4:00 p.m. Events 5:15 p.m.
1. 50m fly
2. 50m back
3. 50m breast
4. 400m free
5. 400m IM
6. 50m free
7. 200m back
8. 200m breast
9. 200m fly
10. 200m free
11. 400m free relay
12. 400m medley relay
13. 100m fly
14. 100m back
15. 100m breast
16. 100m free
17. 200m IM
18. 800m free
19. 1500m free
Events 4/5, 7/8/9, 11/12, and 18/19 will be seeded together. Swimmers may compete in only one event within each circled grouping.